VISITOR PROTECTION - We use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential. When you contact us, place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be retrieved only as described above.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? QUWF does collect personal information. This is information that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Personal information can include your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone numbers, QUWF member number, or credit card information.
QUWF DOES NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN. No information should be submitted to the QUWF website by users under 13 years of age. QUWF does not knowingly collect information or use any information from users under 13 years of age. Should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information through the QUWF website, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. Information that you provide to us. The most common ways you do this is:
- Becoming a QUWF member
- Making a donation online or with a Chapter
- Purchasing from the QUWF online store
- Participating in a QUWF Chapter event
- Requesting more information about QUWF through our Web site, customer service, or via a signup sheet at a local QUWF event
- Contacting any of our staff via phone, web request, or email
- Participation in a raffle, sweepstakes, contest, survey or other QUWF promotion
- Signing up for our “Whistle Call”™ Newsletter
2. Instances where your personal information is automatically provided to us. The most common of these circumstances are:
- Occasionally from databases shared with QUWF from Sponsors, Partners, and Supporters or other third parties.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? QUWF uses your information to provide you with superior customer service and to administer and manage our business and member entitlements. Examples are:
- Provide you with products, services, and information
- Administer QUWF membership program, including mailing our membership materials and the “Whistle Call”™ Newsletter
- Administer our local QUWF Chapter programs
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our services provided to you
- Administer sweepstakes, raffles, contests, surveys, and other QUWF promotions
- Communicate with you about special offers, events in your area, educational materials or new products or services that may be of interest to you (done mostly via e-mail)
- Customize and enhance our website and advertising
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issue
- Manage our business
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties that are not nationally recognized QUWF affiliates your personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provided to us, unless we receive your express consent in advance. We may use your personally identifiable information for our own promotional, marketing, and membership activities. Your personally identifiable information may be used by our web site hosting partners in the process of assisting us in operating our web site. In order for us to conduct business, the following are some situations where we may have to divulge your personal information:
- QUWF Chapter network for event advertising
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf. (These parties do not have authorization to use your information in any way that is not related to QUWF)
- Credit card companies- Used when authorizing a payment
- Law enforcement officials as required by law
WE RESPECT YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. When you interact with QUWF, you may be eligible to receive certain marketing-related and promotional communications as well as special offers from QUWF that may include advertisements from third parties. The most common way we deliver these marketing messages is through e-mail communications. If, at any time, you wish to no longer receive e-mail communication from the QUWF, you may opt-out by following the REMOVE email instructions at the bottom of all promotional email from QUWF, CLICK HERE to email us with “remove” in the subject line, or you can call our national office at 417-345-5960 and we will assist you in removing your name from our email list. Please allow 15 business days after your request is sent to stop receiving promotional emails from QUWF. PLEASE NOTE: even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communication via email from QUWF, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to order confirmations, back order notifications, membership information, and other business-related communications.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES - We provide links to third-party sites. Since we do not control those web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third-party sites.
PROHIBITION OF DIRECT SOLICITATION – It is against QUWF policy to solicit QUWF State Chapters, members, field staff or corporate sponsors directly at any time. If you are interested in product placement at our chapter events, please CLICK HERE.
QUESTIONS - The QUWF staff welcomes comments and questions on this policy. We are dedicated to protecting your personal information, and will make every reasonable effort to keep that information secure.
If you have any questions, please CLICK HERE to email us or call us at (417) 345-5960.